Monday, October 13, 2014

Day 18: Which tickets can we work on?

Mike and I are now free to work on tickets in the ops queue.

Well, some of the tickets.

Well, certain tickets.

What does that leave us with? We've been trying to figure that part out. A good part of the day is spent going through the ops tickets pulled for the week and determining which would make sense to work on. The team is really great about only picking up one ticket at a time, so people can't create a backlog of work for themselves. Yet sometimes Mike or I will pick up a ticket and get the quick message that says it's a little more complicated than we think and maybe someone else should handle it.

It's a short week, with Monday off, which means there are fewer things in the queue already. Plus there were some high-priority items that came in that got the attention of most of the team. It all sums up to an even slower week for Mike and I than usual.

I grabbed a ticket with a log in page issue. I needed to find a way for force a certain set of log in parameters, which proved tricky. But I got to do a knowledge-base write up about how to make it happen! That was pretty nifty!!

No comments :

Post a Comment