Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 9: Why won't this load?

Most of today was spent on my report project.

I'm so close to having it functional!! Tracy told me that on top of just creating the report, there now need to be two different versions that the user can select to pull.

A user can pull just on the courses or choose to include the sessions.

This changes the way I make the report and means I need to add another selection option to the menu. Fabulous.

I get that theoretically working, but now it seems there's something wrong with the objective section when you choose to include sessions. 

I'm a little bit done with this part.

So I pulled a ticket!!! Yay! My first task ticket!

One of our existing clients needed a change made to a few of their databases. I pulled a back-up copy of their database to run my tests on, then wrote out the queries to make it happen. 

It was so rewarding to finally do something that directly affected a client! Very very cool! Made for a really great end to the day. Tomorrow morning we'll run the queries on the live database to make the changes for the client!